Job Code: SC
North Dock Director
Category: Outdoor Camping & Education
Location: YMCA Storer Camps
Job Type: Seasonal
To lend support to the entire Summer Camp staff and structure. Responsible for the safe operations and instruction of all waterfront activities in accordance with camp and state regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interpret, enforce and maintain the safety standards and regulations of the Aquatic Department.
- Supervise counseling staff during general swim activities.
- Responsible for care and upkeep of all north dock equipment.
- Instruct classes and lead waterfront activities during designated periods.
- Responsible for managing water safety drills and lost camper drills on the waterfront.
- Responsible for and implementation of the Buddy System.
- Meet as required with Aquatic Director and other aquatic staff to discuss schedule, program and maintenance needs.
- Follow all camp policies, rules, and regulations.
- Provide support and be a role model to all staff and campers.
- Assist with cabin coverage responsibilities.
- Participate in evening programs and activities.
- Any other duties assigned that enhance any/all camp programs and the experiences of all campers and participants at YMCA Storer Camps.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be at least 21 years of age and have had two years working in a supervisory or management position in an aquatic department or resident camp setting. Must be skilled in the teaching of swim classes and the overall programming of an aquatic area. Must have a sincere desire to work with children. Must be a certified lifeguard, and also certified in CPR and First Aid. Must possess a valid driver’s license. WSI is strongly encouraged.
If interested, send resume electronically by February 14, 2020 to Jesse Wells at email@example.com