Job Code: SC
Summer Camp Counselor
Category: Outdoor Camping & Education
Location: YMCA Storer Camps
Job Type: Seasonal
To lend support to the entire Summer Camp staff and structure. To provide leadership and guidance to a cabin of children, ensuring the health and well-being of each camper. To participate in the general planning and delivery of the summer camp program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Live with and lead a cabin of campers, help each camper adjust to camp life and build cabin and village unity.
- Enforce safety and health regulations.
- Guide the individual camper in participation of group and camp activities.
- Assist with program activities and other activities in the village working closely with the Camp Leadership.
- Have a leadership role at a table in the dining hall during meals.
- Follow all camp policies, rules and regulations as prescribed by the Director and Assistant Director. Supervise and assist the cabin group in all cleaning activities, including deep cleaning facilities after campers depart.
- Teach in program areas; supervise recreational activities, special events and evening programs.
- Provide support and be a role model to additional cabin members, such as CITs.
- Evaluate activities and growth of campers at the end of each session.
- Any other duties assigned that enhance any/all camp programs and the experiences of all campers and participants at YMCA Storer Camps.
Must be at least 18 years of age and graduated from High School. Must have a sincere desire to work with children. Have current certifications in CPR and First Aid. Lifeguard certification encouraged.
If interested, send resume electronically by May 15, 2020 to Jesse Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org