Job Code: FM
Child Care Director
Category: Child Care, Child Development
Location: Fort Meigs Child Development Center
Job Type: Full-Time
Rate: $36,000 - $40,000
Under the direction of the District Child Care Director, the Child Care Director is responsible for carrying out the day to day operations for the Ft. Meigs Adventure Center, the Ft. Meigs Elementary School Child Care Center and the Maumee Schools Child Care Center. She/he will be responsible for overseeing all the center enrollment, marketing, classroom teachers, ODJFS licensing, billing, snack and meal service/CACFP, and communicating effectively with the children, their parents, YMCA personnel, and the center guest when needed. She/he will work cooperatively with other center directors.
- Maintain safe and secure environment at all times.
- Work as a team member with other staff.
- Oversee learning environments with developmentally appropriate activities.
- Collect and maintain paperwork for licensing and billing.
- Work with community partners.
- Communicate effectively with children, their parents, other YMCA staff, and center guests.
- Report any concerns to your supervisor.
- Respond to emergencies according to YMCA procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding personal information on children and staff
- Maintain compliance with ODJFS licensing standards.
- Assist in the hiring and supervision of teachers and teacher’s assistants.
- Observe and provide feedback to teachers on a regular basis.
- Assist in the budget development process.
- Meet or exceed budget expectations.
- Assist the branch with raising Annual Campaign contributions.
- Maintain excellent relationships with employees and partnering departments for center operations.
- Work with community agencies to provide services to families and the children.
- Coordinate special needs accommodation plans for children with disabilities with the lead teachers and the parents.
- Lesson plans will indicate that Creative Curriculum is aligned with the Association’s Early Learning and Development Standards.
- Attend meetings as scheduled for child development and branches.
- In cooperation with the teachers, develop staff development plans.
- Assist with center enrollment and maintain 90 – 100% enrollment.
- Provide a developmentally appropriate education and care for children.
- Provide on time and accurate information concerning the food program and the public fund invoicing to child care corporate contract coordinator.
- Be visible in the community for recruitment purposes.
- Share in YMCA larger program functions when called upon.
- Enroll all families, assuring that paperwork and proper procedures are followed for enrolling all children.
- Model healthy living and lifestyle.
- Assist with other duties assigned.
- B.S. Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field, two years of experience as a child care director or head teacher or an associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education with four years of experience.
- The director must maintain certification in First Aid, CPR, Recognition and Prevention of Child Abuse, and Communicable Disease.
- The director must have experience and knowledge of Ohio Department of Job and Families Child Care licensing regulations
- Warm and friendly personality and willingness to interact with others.
- An understanding and knowledge of children, their behavior and development.
- Specific knowledge in developmentally appropriate practices.
Know How: The director must have knowledge and desire to implement annual quality improvements at the center. Also required are excellent verbal and written skills, experience working with a diverse group of families and employees, experience and proven success with child care licensing, staff supervision, business operations and day to day center management. This position is key in providing leadership and follows through on YMCA Child Care and Early Education components.
If interested, please send resume electronically by January 31, 2020 to Pat Ammerman at firstname.lastname@example.org