Job Code: SC
Category: Outdoor Camping & Education
Location: YMCA Storer Camps
Job Type: Seasonal
The Sailing Director reports directly to the Aquatics Director. The incumbent is responsible to lend support to the entire Summer Camp staff and structure. The Sailing Director is responsible for the safe operations and supervision of the Sailing programs and activities. The Sailing Director is responsible for enforcing all state and licensing regulations with camp policy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Sailing Director will be responsible for planning, content and delivery of YMCA Storer Camps Sailing program. They will be the lead instructor for shore based and on the water sailing programs and activities at the camp.
- Provide oversight for the maintenance, inventory, storage, care, upkeep and replacement of sailing equipment.
- Support the Summer Camp Director in growing a culture of respectful use of sailing equipment and maintenance thereof, the skills required for the safe usage and enjoyment of the equipment and the process utilized to build skills and competency in the staff and students.
- Provide, enforce and maintain the safety standards and regulations of the Sailing Program.
- Supervise the Sailing staff during boating activities.
- Oversee the instruction of Sailing lessons during class period and take the lead in all camp Sailing activities during designated periods, such as the Regatta.
- Responsible for implementing the Buddy System.
- Oversee the daily maintenance and upkeep of all Sailing areas.
- Inform the Aquatic Director of any events that may affect the overall well-being of campers and staff.
- Maintain a written log of daily incidents and camp related phone calls.
- Maintain an open door policy for staff and campers.
- Follow all camp policies and procedures.
- Responsible for rainy day activities.
- Any other duties assigned that enhance any/all camp programs and the experiences of all campers and participants at YMCA Storer Camps.
Preferably the Sailing Director will be at least 21 years of age and have had two years’ experience working in a supervisory or management position in an aquatic department or resident camp setting. The Sailing Director is responsible for the overall planning of the Sailing program and must be skilled in the operations of different sailing vessels. The Sailing Director must have a sincere desire to work with children. The Sailing Director will be a U.S. Sailing Certified Instructor or have experience commensurate with that certification.
If interested, send resume electronically by April 15, 2020 to Jesse Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org.