Job Code: YOP
Youth Opportunities Program Site Coordinator
Category: Youth Opportunities Program
Job Type: Part-Time
Under the supervision of the Youth Opportunities Program (YOP) staff this position is responsible for program delivery to YOP participants between the ages for 14 and 21 in the area of tutoring, Life skills, work readiness, field trips and other components of the program. The Site Coordinator is responsible for transporting youth to field trips as well as organizing weekly programing that will engage and support participants to make their monthly goals and track their progress. The site coordinator will provide monthly reports and attend staff meetings upon request.
Location: Waite High School
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, enroll, and maintain attendance for YOP participants for site at designated level.
- Coordinate daily, weekly and monthly program activities.
- Follow-up with and re-engage inactive participants.
- Maintain all necessary records including registration information, calendar attendance sheets and rosters.
- Participate in all required YOP events and meetings, including monthly All-Site meetings.
- Work to build healthy relationships with the participants and parent.
- Supervise and monitor YOP participants during all YOP activities and coordinate the activities of all other staff including tutors and volunteers.
- Work with community agencies to provide services to teens and families.
- Consistently monitor participant’s academic progress.
- Assist the Youth Specialist to research, plan, develop and implement academic, work readiness, career and life skill activities with an emphasis on values education and increases in quality of life resources.
- Communicate regularly with all participants, parents, supervisor, and YOP youth specialist.
- Coordinate and facilitate YOP transportation for regular programming and field trips.
- Host periodic parent meetings to encourage social involvement and to disseminate program information and build the relationship.
- Perform other duties deemed necessary for the promotion of the YMCA, YOP and the success of the programs.
- Must be is creative, energetic, and flexible and know how to have fun.
- High School or GED Graduate. Some college preferred. Prior experience working with at-risk teens highly recommended.
- Must possess the necessary organizational skills to supervise, lead, coordinate, facilitate and design activities and programs.
- Must have the necessary computer and technical skills to coordinate participant files and coursework.
- Must possess good public relation skills and have the ability to establish and maintain effective communication with youth, staff, volunteers, and community partners.
- Must have a good driving record.
- Maintain professional attitude.
If interest in applying for this position, please submit resume and cover letter electronically by February 6, 2020 to email@example.com