Job Code: FM
Category: Fitness & Wellness
Location: Fort Meigs YMCA
Job Type: Part-Time
Keywords: Weekday mornings, Weekday afternoons and Weekends
To ensure the safety of all participants and observers in the Fitness Center, while maintaining a clean and fun environment. Attendant is responsible for the instruction, supervision and safety of all members utilizing the facility.
- Demonstrate the proper use of equipment to members.
- Assist members with workouts and workout planning.
- Provide fitness center orientations to new members.
- Supervise the fitness center for general safety of users.
- Enforce all branch policies relating to fitness area and equipment.
- Maintain proper operation of fitness equipment, and report any repair needs to Supervisor immediately.
- Keep the fitness center clean, comfortable and pleasant.
- Maintain the member workout log file.
- Clean windows, mirrors and machines on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate Responsibility, Respect, Caring & Honesty towards members, guests, co-workers, and supervisor at all times.
- Help keep the facility and grounds free of litter and safety hazards.
- In an effort to keep employee injuries to a minimum, will encourage all staff to perform their duties in a safe and efficient manner. In all incidences, proper equipment must be used for the task being performed.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisors.
A YMCA Fitness Coach is required to have a good understanding of physical fitness, strength training, exercise science and fitness equipment. Current certification in CPR, First Aid, and AED is required; Principles of Health and Fitness desired within 90 days of hire. In addition, it is desired for the Fitness/Wellness Center Attendant to complete YMCA Personal Fitness certification within one year of hire.
Please submit resume electronically by February 15, 2020 to Matt Fleig at firstname.lastname@example.org