Job Code: FF
Day Camp Counselor
Category: Summer Day Camp
Location: Francis Family YMCA
Job Type: Part-Time
To ensure the safety of all participants enrolled in camp. Be sure that participants receive quality instruction in a fun and safe environment.
A Camp Counselor is expected to know how to work with children and their families. They will be expected to be energetic and ready for each day. Counselor is expected to come up with lesson plans and activities for camp. YMCA staff must possess and keep current the following certifications at all times: Adult/child/infant CPR, Frist Aid, O2 and AED.
- Arrive on time for your scheduled shift.
- Be flexible
- Attend orientation
- Follow directions given to you by your supervisors
- Maintain a professional image at all times.
- Enforce and follow all safety rules.
- Communicate openly with families and provide superior member service.
- Handle behavior issues appropriately
- Work well with others
- Encourage teamwork as well as individual work.
- Set the proper example at all times.
- Have fun!
- Teach outdoor curriculum guidelines, follow Y readers’ plans at your camp, curriculum guidelines and develop lesson plans for each day.
- Take attendance every day.
- Make sure proper paper work is filled out for behavior/incident reports.
- Follow all YMCA policies, licensing and TQM standards
- Adhere to any other duties deemed necessary by your supervisor.
- Follow dress code.
- Arrive on time for camp each day.
If interested, please send resume to Josh Walter at email@example.com.