Job Code: WP
School-Age Child Care Classroom Aide
Category: Child Care, Child Development
Location: Wayman Palmer YMCA
Job Type: Part-Time
Under the direction of the Site Director and/or Assistant Director and Lead Teacher, the School Age Aide is responsible for carrying out the day to day tasks assigned by the Lead teacher at the specified site. She/he will be responsible for helping in leading program activities, assessment, snack preparation, and communicating effectively with the children, their parents, YMCA/JCC personnel, and the center guest when needed and as assigned by the lead teacher.
- Maintain safe and secure environment for children, being aware of child activities at all times.
- Work as a team member with other staff.
- Help to maintain a learning environment with developmentally appropriate activities.
- Communicate effectively with children, their parents, other YMCA/JCC staff, and center guest.
- Report any concerns to your supervisor.
- Respond to emergencies according to YMCA/JCC procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding personal information on children and staff.
- Take direction from Lead Teacher.
- An understanding and knowledge of children, their behavior and development.
- Specific knowledge in developmentally appropriate practices for the age group.
- Must have or enroll in CPR, First Aid, Child Abuse Prevention, and Prevention of Infectious Diseases.
- Warm and friendly personality and the willingness to interact with the children.
- Meet ODJFS licensing qualifications in training and background check.
Please submit resumes electronically by March 2, 2020 to Debbie Frison at email@example.com.