Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, this position is responsible for the creation and management of marketing materials for the YMCA of Greater Toledo.
With an understanding of the YMCA mission as well as the goals and objectives of the strategic plan of the Association, this person must be able to implement programs in accordance with YMCA standards. Must be able to handle multiple tasks and must be a creative, motivated, self-starter. Must display sound judgment as well as independent thinking skills. Must be able to work independently as well as with a staff team. The person in this position must have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills. Must possess excellent relationship building and negotiation skills in order to maintain harmonious relationships with staff, members, volunteers, program participants, and the general public. Minimum of one year of experience and knowledge of a variety of design and marketing technologies is critical to success. The incumbent must exhibit the core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility in all aspects of their work with the YMCA.
- Adhere to consistent implementation of brand standards in all functions.
- Overall content creation and management of the following:
- Graphic design
- Web design
- Preferred video shooting and/or editing skills
- Primary “branch support” team member
- Marketing ticket system
- Developing more templates for more speed
- Visual asset management (shared platform and standard organization for Adobe files, photo and video assets, stock images, etc.)
- Brand-visuals education and compliance
- Back-up to Digital Specialist
- Documenting YMCA of Greater Toledo processes and practices
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop; Microsoft Publisher; Hootsuite
- Growth opportunity: channel support and eventual ownership
- Work closely with the marketing team to manage special projects when needed, coordinating multiple resources and ensuring consistent communication and deliverables.
- Assist department in development of new marketing and communication strategies.
- Actively participates and supports the annual campaign.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
If interested, please send resume with cover letter to Chuck Hartlage at firstname.lastname@example.org