Under the direction of the District Vice President, and in accordance with Association policies, the Associate Executive Director is responsible for the day to day operations of the Wolf Creek YMCA. This position will directly supervise and work closely with mutually agreed upon departments to ensure maximum membership engagement. This position also assists the District Vice President with all facility operations and provides leadership to the YMCA Annual Campaign. The Associate Executive Director will be in charge of all branch operations in the absence of the District Vice President.
- Hire, supervise, train and evaluate staff teams. Consults with District Vice President and Chief Resource Officer before suspending or terminating staff members.
- Meet measurable outcomes for utilizing a professional and competent team of professionals to deliver the highest quality programming.
- Complete any required or mandated trainings/professional development.
Volunteer Development: Develop and direct the YMCA’s volunteer program. Records all volunteer hours monthly for reporting.
Financial Development: Provide leadership to staff and volunteers in the YMCA’s Annual Campaign. Assist will all other fundraising activities and goals.
Budget Management: Prepares, develops, administers and controls department fiscal budgets including meeting income targets and expense control, in consultation with the District Vice President.
- 1) Responsible for providing clean and well maintained facilities and grounds. Work with staff to upgrade facilities and equipment.
- 2) Provide continued assistance to the branch as an active manager on duty as assigned.
Y Improvement Model: Understands and fully implements the Y Improvement Model and ensure that all management staff are fully engaged in the process.
- 1) Works with the District Vice President and volunteers to develop annual branch goals and individual staff goals as determined by the Association’s Strategic Plan.
- 2) Ensure department directors are implementing and following through with the Y Improvement Model and YMCA program goals.
Record-keeping: Gather statistics as needed.
Risk Management: Ensure the safety of members and staff. Report any areas needing attention immediately to proper department.
- 1) Serve as Lead Staff Liaison for the Program and Membership Committee of the Board of Managers.
- 2) Work with staff on special events in any department needed.