AT THE YMCA, THE VALUE OF MEMBERSHIP IS PRICELESS
Join the Y
FOR A BETTER YOU.
Explore YMCA Memberships
BECOME A MEMBER OF THE YMCA TODAY!
The YMCA is so much more than a “gym and swim.” The YMCA of Greater Toledo welcomes all. Together, we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity.
A family membership is defined as up to 2 (two) adults plus any children ages 0-26 living in the same household.
Once a child turns the age of 27, they will no longer be a valid member under this membership type. The individual will be removed from the membership and will need to establish their own membership.
INCOME BASED RATES
MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP RATES
LESS THAN $35,000
YMCA360: A Virtual Fitness option offering on-demand, livestream workouts and more. This platform allows you to workout from home when you need to, or workout while away on vacation. Anytime you want to workout with the Y! You can access YMCA360 on your phone, on the web or on Apple TV. And best of all: It’s free for our members.
THE YMCA360 APP IS INCLUDED WITH EVERY MEMBERSHIP.
- No contract. No annual fees.
- UNLIMITED access to any of our 10 branch locations
- FREE Smart Start program
- FREE group exercise classes
- FREE babysitting while you work out at most participating branches
- FREE family fun nights
- FREE YMCA360 App Access
- Reduced rates on
- Child Care
- Programs like swim lessons, youth sports and personal training
- YMCA Storer Camps
- 8 indoor and 2 outdoor swimming pools with slides and water toys
- 9 gymnasiums
- Up to 20% off YMCA programming
- Volunteer opportunities
- Access YMCAs participating YMCAs Nationwide Reciprocity
What makes us different from others?
The YMCA of Greater Toledo offers a variety of unique offerings to our members, such as:
- Income-based pricing
- 10 branch locations
- Membership offering to meet the needs of any family
- Competition, therapy, lap and zero-entry pools
- Programs for every age, background and ability
But we are more than that. We also support our local community through food distribution, outreach programs, YMCA Teen Achievers, scholarship opportunities and Healthy Living programs that focus on blood pressure, diabetes and weight management.
GUEST PASS POLICY
MEMBERSHIP RATES & OFFERING OVERVIEW
Members of the YMCA of Greater Toledo receive full access to our 10 branches in and around Toledo. Members also receive discounts on all YMCA programs, child care and Storer Camps, along with early access to register for any of these prior to the general public.
Verification of your annual household income is required within twenty-one (21) business days of joining. Verification will then be required every 2 years on the members anniversary date.
The Y is a charitable organization that subsidizes membership through our Y For All program. With membership income base pricing, no matter where people live or their ability to pay, the Y helps to make it accessible and affordable to everyone in our community.
Documents that are accepted:
- Most recent 10-40
- Social Security income statement
- Disability statement
- Retirement statement
Memberships are prepaid and are month to month. Memberships in good standing automatically renew at the end of the 30-day membership cycle. Membership cycle begins the day the member joins and auto renews every 30 (thirty) days provided the member is in good standing and does not owe a balance.
Members are required to set up either a monthly automation payment plan and or can pay for their membership on an annual basis.
- Monthly automatic payment plans are drafted on the 15th or 28th of each month. Automatic bank draft options are:
- Checking Account
- Savings Account
- Credit Card
- American Express
- Member can prepay annually for their membership
- These members default to an inactive membership status upon the completion of the 12 (twelve) month period, unless the member contacts the Y to renew their membership and pay in full and or switch their membership to a monthly draft.
Note: Membership does not automatically cancel due to inactivity.
Payment Due Date
All monthly membership payments are due on either the 15th or 28th of each month. Members will have the option to choose their payment date upon enrollment.
If your check, automation bank draft and or credit card payment is returned for any reason, it will be collected electronically by a third-party provider. The check writer/cardholder is also responsible for all other fees charged by your financial institution.
Memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable.
New Members’ first month’s payment will be prorated based on the join date.
The Y is proud to work with participating insurance plans to offer the following membership types/discounts to our Active Older Adults.
- Silver & Fit®
- Renew Active
Members are able to place their account on hold for up to 60 (sixty) days in a 12-month calendar. In order to place your account on hold the member is required to visit one of our 10 branch locations and or click here to submit your YMCA Hold Request.
Cancellation Request Policy
The YMCA of Greater Toledo does not impose contracts on our members, and members are free to cancel their membership at any time. Written notice is required to cancel a membership. Members must submit their cancellation notice request via the web form 14-days prior to their next payment due date. Note that if the written cancellation notice is not received 14-days prior to the member’s next due date, the member will be responsible for that month’s payment and their cancellation will go into effect starting the following month.
All cancellations require a 14-day written cancellation notice prior to your monthly draft date. If a member wishes to cancel their membership, you will need to visit one of our 10 branch locations and or complete the online form.
CHANGE YOUR MEMBERSHIP STATUS
We value all of our members and strive to provide you with top-notch programs, classes, and amenities. As a member of the Y, you have access to:
- Free group exercise classes
- Unlimited access to 10 local branches
- Free nationwide membership at participating YMCAs
- Free “Ask the Registered Dietitian” service
- Free access to the Smart Start program (to achieve your fitness goals)
- Free access to family fun nights and Family Fun Zones
- FREE babysitting while you work out, child(ren) are required to be on the membership in order to receive this offering
- 8 indoor and 2 outdoor pools with slides and water toys
- 9 gymnasiums
- Discounted YMCA programs include personal training, wellness challenges, swim lessons, sports clinics and leagues, gymnastics, art and music classes, outdoor camp, and child care
Some members may qualify for a different membership type, which could result in a lower monthly membership rate.
Call one of our branches today to find out if you qualify!
Example: A member that is currently on a Family membership, should their children age out and or wish to be removed from the membership, this would qualify the member to switch to our 2-Person and or Individual membership, resulting in a lower monthly membership rate.
Click here to view our membership types.
Members have the ability to place their membership on hold for up to 60 days in a 12-month period, by visiting their local branch or online.
Hold Request Requirements:
- 14-day hold request notice
- 14 days’ notice is noted as 14 days prior to the member’s next billing date
- Should the request not fall prior to this time frame and the member incurs another month payment, the payment will be the responsibility of the member
- Membership accounts are required to be in Good Standings*
- No verbal and or email requests are accepted
Hold Requests are subject to a 5-7 day business review. Upon review, the member will be notified via email of their Hold Request status.
Click here to submit your YMCA Hold Request.
*Good standing is noted as a membership that does not have a current balance due and or any member of the membership is enrolled in a program. If any member is enrolled in a program, the membership as a whole will not be eligible for cancellation until the month following the end of the program. Please note whether the form is submitted online or in person, this is a Request Only and does not guarantee that a membership is placed on hold.
Members can cancel their membership at any time. All Cancellation Requests require a 14-day written notice prior to the next billing cycle. Members may do so by visiting their local branch or online.
Cancellation Request Requirements
- Members will no longer be required to supply proof for cancellation
- 14-day cancellation request notice
- 14 days notice is noted as 14 days prior to the member’s next billing date
- Should the request not fall prior to this time frame and the member incurs another month’s payment, the payment will be the responsibility of the member
- Membership accounts are required to be in Good Standings*
Cancellation Requests are subject to a 5-7 day business review. Upon review, the member will be notified via email of their Cancellation Request status.
*Good standing is noted as a membership that does not have a current balance due and or any member of the membership is enrolled in a program. If any member is enrolled in a program, the membership as a whole will not be eligible for cancellation until the month following the end of the program.
Effective August 1, 2022, if a membership Cancellation Request is submitted and any member on the said membership is currently enrolled in a Program, the membership as a whole will not be eligible for cancellation until the program ends.
Please note whether the form is submitted online or in person, this is a Request Only and does not guarantee membership cancellation.
MY Y REWARDS
At the YMCA, we strengthen the community by helping our members to strengthen their spirit, mind, body, and spirit. Our My Y Rewards program is designed to keep our members motivated and on track to reach their goals.
Smart Start is a free behavior change program offered by the YMCA of Greater Toledo and is intended to set our members up for success. While our staff is available to talk with our members whenever they need to, our Smart Start Session appointments guarantee dedicated one-on-one time.
All new, current or returning members are encouraged to take advantage of this FREE program.
MEMBERSHIPS FOR ALL
The YMCA salutes our active duty military, veterans, first responders and their families. We offer options to all those that serve our country and our local communities.
Nationwide membership enables you to visit any participating YMCA in the United States through membership at your “home” branch.
We are happy to offer this to our members as a way to help our members maintain and continue to reach for their goals, no matter where they are. Work and personal travel should never get in the way of your wellness goals.
What you need to know
- Valid for active, full facility YMCA members
- Nationwide member visitors must use their home Y at least 50% of the time
- Program-Only participants and Silver Sneakers memberships are not eligible for this offering
We encourage you to call ahead to ensure the YMCA you are planning to visit is part of this program.
Corporate Wellness Partners
The YMCA of Greater Toledo believes that a healthy workforce can help manage your company’s healthcare costs and improve productivity while reducing workplace stress.